1997-2000: Volunteer with Delta Society
- Certified two dogs as Delta Society Certified Pet Therapy Dogs before dogs reached the age of 1 year
- First certified Pet Therapy team to visit Mount Carmel East Hospital. We also visited Grant Hospital and Arbor’s East (a nursing home).
2010-2014: Volunteer with Agility Ability with my two Therapy Dogs International-certified rescue dogs.
Agility Ability is an organization that uses certified therapy agility dogs and the sport of dog agility to help children with physical and cognitive special needs.
- Volunteer at the Franklin County Animal Shelter
- Taught basic obedience cues to shelter dogs awaiting adoption 1-2 afternoons per week
- Taught new adopters how to train new shelter dogs in basic obedience
- taught clicker training classes
2014: Graduated from Animal Behavior College-ABCDT
2015: Graduated from Karen Pryor Academy (KPA) Dog Trainer Professional program; became a KPA Certified Training Partner (CTP)
2012: Completed Karen Pryor Academy Dog Trainer Foundation course
2013: Completed Karen Pryor Academy Shelter Training & Enrichment course
Since 2007: Attending the full 4-day Midwest Veterinary Conference's training and behavior sessions
I am passionate about helping people and pets. I love training both dogs and cats with positive reinforcement. A clicker is my training tool of choice to introduce behaviors
I love to share my Irish Wolfhounds at the Dublin Irish Festival every year, and have shared other dogs of mine through various therapy organizations over the years.