Marius’ first memory as a child, living in Lithuania, was of his father coming home with a wicker basket. Inside the basket was an American Cocker Spaniel. The pup was named Jessi and became the newest addition to the Geykman family. In 1992, the whole family, including Jessi, picked up and moved to the United States.
Jessi, in her late teens, after winning her battle with breast cancer unfortunately passed due to other maladies. Losing Jessi broke his heart. After a few years without a canine companion, Marius was ready for a new canine companion and brought home Kitsune, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Kit, as he became known, helped mend his heart and reminded him of the power of unconditional love. His love for Kit opened the door for him to rescue a Cardigan Welsh Corgi named Cleo, for her love of lounging on her throne aka the couch. She is the yin to Kit’s yang.
ACE By Marius is the brainchild of Marius Geykman. Marius, a formerly dissatisfied corporate 9-to-5er, realized the most pleasure he found in life was from his beloved dogs Kit and Cleo. Throwing caution to the wind, Marius decided to leave corporate America and reinvented himself as an animal trainer.
After completing extensive training (please see below for a list of his certifications and continuing education efforts), Marius founded Snappy! Pet Services, which is now ACE By Marius, on the foundation of non-aversive training techniques for the betterment of all animals. Through positive reinforcement training, Marius has found a wide range of behaviors can be taught to all animals – this includes everything from a simple shake to behavior modifications for fears, anxieties, and aggression cases. ACE By Marius strives to make the teaching and learning experience as stress-free and enjoyable for the owners and their companion friends. We are pleased to offer training, behavior modification, boarding, board and train, daycare, dog park visits, and photography to all pet owners.
Marius firmly believes both Kit and Cleo have taught him and much as he has taught them. Kit and Cleo, in terms of personality, are night and day. Cleo, in particular, suffered from many fears and anxieties. Through training, she has blossomed from being shy and anxious to a relaxed and accepting companion. Their polar opposite personalities not only broadened Marius’ experience as a trainer but also helped him coin his motto, “Behavior modification is not a sprint, but a marathon.”
Marius was named February 2013 Certified Training Partner of the Month, you can read his interview by clicking here. Please see below for a list of his certifications and continued education as a trainer.
“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”
~ Anonymous ~
Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behavior – Certified Training Partner (KPA-CTP)
Kyra Sundance’s Do More With Your Dog – Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI)
Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers – Certified Professional Dog Trainer - Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA)
Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Upcoming – 2014 Kay Laurence Weekend Seminar Kay will present the relevance of precision teaching, precision understanding and precision application. She will dive deep into the importance of how a behavior is acquired and how one should begin with reinforcement, not just end with it.
- Clicker Expo 2014, Long Beach, California Lectures and Labs with Kathy Sdao, Alexandra Kurland, Ken Ramirez, Susan Friedman, Ph.D., and others, Janurary 2014
- Living & Learning with Animals: The Fundamental Principles and Procedures of Teaching and Learning LLA Professional is designed to provide the foundation for a comprehensive and coherent understanding of behavior analysis as it relates to facilitating the lives of captive and companion animals. The principles and procedures discussed throughout the class apply to all species.
- “Out of the Lab” with Bob Bailey and Parvene Farhoody Bob likes to say that anyone can eventually get behavior from an animal, BUT getting reliable, strong, high-quality behavior effectively and efficiently takes an understanding of behavioral technology. The latest in applied behavior analysis including: response strength, resistance to extinction, persistence of behavior in context shifts, response cost, behavioral economics, matching law, stimulus control, stimulus/response generalization, and more. Bob and Parvene go far beyond "good enough" behavior to high-end consistent excellence.
- Dr. Ian Dunbar's Crucial, Cutting Edge & Common Sense Concepts in Dog Training A collection of diverse concepts and topics that Dr. Dunbar considers to be crucially important for raising and training dogs to be good-natured, well-behaved and reliable off-leash.
- Clicker Expo 2013, San Fransico, California Lectures and Labs with Kathy Sdao, Kay Laurence, Alexandra Kurland, Ken Ramirez, Susan Friedman, Ph.D., Cecilie Køste, and others, Janurary 2013
- Are You Thinking What I’m Thinking? Seminar about the mental lives of animals and what new discoveries in neurobiology can tell us about the minds of our companion animals. With Patricia McConnell, October 2012
- Lost in Translation? Seminar on how dogs use sight, sound, and smell to communicate. With Patricia McConnell, upcoming (October 2012)
- So Many Choices: Kathy Sdao Unplugged Two-day workshop with Kathy Sdao, October 2012
- Play! Play! Play! Seminar on Dog-Dog and Human-Dog play with Patricia McConnell, August 2012
- Two Timely Topics: Separation Anxiety and Dog-Dog Play with Nicole Wilde, August 2012