Who Should Take This Course
This course is designed for any cat owner who would like to simply build a better relationship with their cat, have some fun, or help reduce unwanted behavior. No previous training experience is necessary.
This course was authored by Karen Pryor Academy faculty members and Certified Training Partners. Key contributors include Shelly Brouwer, Lindsay Wood, and Cheryl Kolus.
The Train Your Cat! course features clear and engaging content designed for our online classroom and includes high-quality videos and step-by-step training protocols. The course is divided into 5 lessons. Students can interact with peers via an online discussion board.
Students proceed through the course at their own pace and have access to the course for one year from their enrollment date.
Enroll online and start the course any time after you enroll. Once you have completed the enrollment process, you will be given access to the course and can begin right away! You will have access to the course for one year.
Continuing Education Units
Students of the Train your Cat! course can receive CEUs for completion of the course.
- The Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) awards 10 CEUs.
- The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) awards 10 CEUs.
- Karen Pryor Academy (KPA) awards 10 CEUs.
- A computer with high-speed Internet access
- A modern web browser. We test with the latest versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
- Support for Adobe PDF documents (the latest version of Adobe Reader or Mac OS X Preview)
- Access to at least one cat you can train regularly