Our dog training courses are designed to complement each other and help you achieve your dog training goals.
The Dog Trainer Foundations course was created as a starting point for those who would like to have a career training dogs, but need more education and experience with clicker training and/or more dog-related knowledge before applying to our professional Dog Trainer Professional program.
Our professional Dog Trainer Professional program is suitable for experienced trainers who wish to improve their career prospects by honing their own training skills, and learning how to apply positive-reinforcement techniques when teaching clients.
Use the criteria below as guidelines to help you determine which course is most appropriate starting point for you.If one or more of the following statements applies to you, the Dog Trainer Foundations course is likely a great starting point:
- I am brand new to dog training and want to start out right.
- I work or volunteer in an animal-related field and would like to broaden my understanding of how best to train and interact with dogs and use this knowledge in my work.
- I would like to learn more about canine body language and emotional signals.
- I am brand new to clicker training
- I am a dog trainer using more traditional methods who would like to take the first step toward learning how train with force-free methods.
- I work or volunteer as a professional dog trainer
- I assist or apprentice under a professional trainer
- I am a graduate of a school for dog trainers
- I have experience training a wide variety of dogs
- I have a solid understanding of canine body language and emotional signals
- I have some education in positive-reinforcement based training through books, video, seminars, workshops, or conferences.
- I have done some clicker training with my own dog and other dogs